Sunroom Favorites: Love Your Local
We've been overwhelmed with gratitude and love for our local communities (always, but felt extra deeply over the last year). In support of shopping SMALL, we're rounding up some of our own hometown heroes, with a few go-to's in Austin and Malibu. Follow along for a mini guide — ideas for your next gift, treasured homeware, lunch to-go…
1. Texas French Bread – Food is incredible and they charge a 20% service fee instead of traditional gratuity in order to pay employees a living wage, paid sick leave, and health care.
2. BANTHAI Express – Authentic Thai cuisine run by the sweetest couple out of a food truck in South Austin. A hole in a wall and one of my favorite Austin secrets.
3. Take Heart – Well rounded selection of objects with purpose, whether it's a gift for yourself or a loved one, you'll probably never leave empty handed!
2. Gjelina Pop Up in Santa Monica Canyon – Gjelina's Venice location may be temporarily closed, but their new pop-up is serving up sides of equal measure. We're still into the Blanco pizza — mozzarella, parmesan, Castelvetrano olives, pickled Fresno chili...aka. a great addition to a bottle of wine on the beach.
3. +Coop – A curation of minimalist home accessories and decor by Jenna Cooper (think: hemp towels, dry brushes, handwoven baskets). They're also offering accessible virtual private shopping appointments through their online concierge.
5. Hemp Love Chocolates – Clean, organic, hemp-based chocolates made in California. We've been loving the Lavender Salt and Hemp Seed Crunch bar as a calming midday aperitif.
6. Jen Davis' Prints – Surrealist (limited edition!) close-up’s of roses are seriously meditative; a reminder to savor.