ON THE BRIGHTSIDE #4
Happy New Year! Below, a colorful round-up of the things that are inspiring us most right now...
Above, clockwise from top left:
1. Our new favorite style inspo comes from @wantshowasyoung, a Taiwanese octogenarian couple (and natural sartorialists) who re-purpose abandoned, unpaid clothes from their family laundromat.
2. Doing more with less – loving the statement of the Stone Estate Belt from Rachel Comey.
3. Looking ahead to the release of Sally Rooney's forthcoming book, "Beautiful World, Where Are You?" as a compliment to her previous page-turner's "Normal People" and "Conversations with Friends."
4. Intrigued by Smallhold's mushroom kits aka. grow-at-home fungi that turn into “sculptures that you eat.”
5. “When you have no way to go anywhere, what do you do?” Currently reading Etal Adnan's book, “Shifting the Silence,” which contemplates death and aging.
6. On repeat: dance sensation, @Argie.Roquero.
7. Everyday ease delivered by this chic Collared Caftan by Marrakshi Life.
8. Esoteric fruit love – A new fan of Miami Fruit. Subscriptions deliver fresh and freeze-dried tropical fruits to your door (it's also worth following them on Instagram for an instant mood boost).
9. The Moon Lists workbook, now available at Sunroom!
10. Just in, the Petite Hand Talisman Necklace with Diamond Charm from designer, Anna Sheffield.
11. Extremist voyeurism – there's something fascinating about the absolute insanity of Tom Ford's 24,000 acre Santa Fe ranch (designed by Japanese Architect Tadao Ando).
12. Colorful new year visions from LA-based artist, Camilla Engstrom.
13. Say no more — “Hard times require furious dancing," as excerpted from Alice Walker's book of poetry by the same name.
14. On painting the house like an artist – Antwerp design duo Muller van Severen, as featured by @cosstores, are best known for their inventive furniture and bold splashes of color.
15. California vintage – Dr Collectors delivers with the Z Boys Pants.